08 September 2009

end of summer



oh hi there. happy tuesday.
how are you?
how was your holiday weekend?

oh i think the last days of summer are upon us.
autumn for me is about shorter days, late night walks under the stars,
craving baked treats and comfort foods, layering clothing and finding
warmth under blankets.

i tried this amazing recipe. its truly melt in your mouth good.
we ate it last night for dessert and i went back to the store again today
to buy more berries.

+++ i mistakenly added 1 cup of buttermilk to my batter instead of the 1/2 cup on the recipe. it made the cake heavier - almost bread pudding texture. pure delight. i definitely would add the full cup again.

we're off for a walk and maybe, just maybe a wish upon a falling star.

2 comments:

chelsea b james said...

yummy, that looks so good! it was so nice to spend so much time with you in tory. i miss it

Sarah said...

oh juli. I made this cake the other night, it was out of the oven and completely devoured within an hour. I am making it again this morning. I think it is my new breakfast substitute for muffins. I put in about 3/4 cup of buttermilk. I was scared to do a full cup because i am not crazy about buttermilk's flavor...but 3/4 was perfect. Thank you so much for sharing.