04 March 2009

on my wall



















yesterday, the wall above my computer became a whole lot brighter. i count myself extremely lucky to have collected these paintings from some of my favorite artists.

every year art access gallery hosts its 300 plates fundraiser and exhibition in may. last year, 82 established and emerging artists were invited to create a work of art on a 10" x 11" recycled metal printer's plate. the first painting hung is $65 and each painting thereafter increases sequentially in one dollar increments. its an incredible way to purchase an affordable and favorite piece of art. i'm eagerly anticipating the show and possibly adding a new piece to my art wall.

left to right:
{ lindsay frei - sitting duck
{ doug snow - earth and sky
{ steve larsen - out pour

No comments: