07 April 2009

niche







this morning, i was lucky enough to share coffee and breakfast with one of my favorite friends. i can't help but believe that we are kindred spirits. she just exudes beauty and sweetness and i find myself always smiling and laughing when i am with her. i am continually reminded how blessed i am to have so many talented and creative friends in my life. check out her beautiful photos, i especially love the window ones.

we've been gifted a sunny seventy degree day. so i spent most of the afternoon soaking up the warmth preparing our flower bed for the five ranunculus plants and the peonies and iris bulbs i bought at the garden store. my spirit always receives the healing and nourishment it needs when i dig in the dirt and notice the riches of nature all around me. its been a joyous start to the season.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Have you had their french toast? it is divine.

this bright day said...

s: i've never had the french toast but will definately order it next time. i always have the black forest ham and gruyere breakfast sandwich. it's yummy, too!

Maren Marie said...

this was definitely a major highlight of my past several weeks! when all the clutter and everyday havoc falls away and two friends can enjoy a breakfast sandwich in a nifty little cafe together - i call that brilliance! thank you juli, for your constant encouragement and inspiration - it truly pushes me upward and carries me through.

Angela Bentley Fife said...

love your friend's blog! Thanks Juli.